Sunday, August 16, 2009

Elvis, Charlie, and Woodstock

Today The King died on August 16, 1977. I was seven and remember it clearly. We had three channels and PBS. It was a sad day and the babysitter said, "Well, that's the end of that." How wrong she was. Elvis actually boomed in popularity as Michael Jackson's death has done to his career.

Woodstock....the fortieth anniversary of hippie lovefest. The Baby Boomer's crowning achievement. Eh....who cares. Baby Boomers and hippies have done so much to screw this great country up over the past forty years...especially when they get elected to office.

The Charlies. Into The Woods won every award they were nominated for, I did lights. As Broadway Bound won best female cameo, I did lights. I don't believe that Yes Virginia, There Is A Santa Claus won anything, I could be wrong but I just can't recall it, I did lights. 12 Angry Jurors won best ensemble and I did a video presentation for that. I loaned my camera to Dinner Theatre but really didn't have anything to do with that show, Arsenic and Old Lace, Greater Tuna, or Shakespeare.

My friends all won awards and I was very happy for all of them!

No comments: