Sunday, August 23, 2009

Good Saturday

First of all we started the day out with breakfast with The Date, Thing 2, Skate, Baker, and Beamer. What a great breakfast! It was so much fun we decided to grab lunch together as well at this BBQ place Beamer had been wanting to try. After breakfast we got home and I started to work on the bus.

I started it and let it run for a while. The perspective new owners called me and said they were about half way here and it would be a couple of hours yet. I turned the bus off then and let it rest a while. About an hour later I decided it would be fine to let it run until they arrived. I tried to start it again and it failed to start so I put the battery charger back on it until they arrived.

It didn't matter, he was interested and she was very rude and never said a word to me, the husband was nice and affable. Keep in mind I emailed pictures, gave accurate descriptions, and answered email questions ad nauseum from her.

She immediately said no, he at least looked it over some while I put in the effort to start it but after seeing her response it kind of ticked me off and I stopped and waited for her to leave. Oh well, maybe next time!

Then it was lunch time! I texted Skate to see if they were at the BBQ place. Turns out it was closed so Jassie picked another place and I took Thing's 1 and 2 with me while The Date had to work.

We had a great BBQ lunch! The food was good but not as good as Turkey Creek in a nearby town. That BBQ is nearly to die for! Unfortunately they have weird hours and aren't open all the time. They are semi retired and only do it to keep busy. Maybe I'll have to suggest that to the friends and find a time when Turkey Creek is open.

This morning I suspect Lost will be on all day once The Date and Thing 2 wake up. I added to my lead in Fantasy NASCAR with the race at Bristol last night. Nearly eighty points! It was a good race, Bristol is always one of the highlights of my racing season. I came in third for the Summer racing segment even though I had better stats. I just had a couple of bad races and scored poorly so I came in third while maintaining my overall lead and increasing it at the end!

No comments: