Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Beersnob's Return Means Good Things

Yep, Sunday he and Mrs. Beersnob arrived back in our humble town from his tour in Iraq and the long journey home. Last night I went to a gathering for Weezy and many of the circle of friends were there. Beersnob showed up and looked slimmer than I've seen him in years!

He looked great, felt great, and we're planning on getting together today, or the next two days for lunch and some serious planning on our business. We need to map out 2011 and get our gameplan together. He'll have time off over the next month so we'll get that accomplished and get rolling!

I'm excited for 2011! 2010 was a big improvement over 2009 for me. Yes as I recounted here 2009 had some very good and very bad in it. 2010 was like a foundation year where the property was cleared off and prepared for building.

2010 was like building a foundation on the property and had some success. 2011 the walls should be going up. The Date will graduate with her degree and transfer to another school to continue her education, in fact many of my friends will be graduating this coming year! If nothing else happens we will have lots to celebrate anyway! How is that for being in a can't lose position?!

Yes 2011, if not being a good year, will be a year in which we grow. Struggle as well but we will grow. Many friends will be moving away, Skate and The Invader among them. They will be greatly missed as they are very loved here. For at least one friend, they will get a new start at a new life. For another they'll be adjusting to new surroundings and preparing for better things!\

It's all scary but at the same time it has to be a little bit exciting to discover what the next few months hold. Yes it is for me as well. Our business has the potential to be my full time gig and it could also wind up on the heap of failures I've had, but I'm not scared.

"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed." - Michael Jordan

No comments: