Saturday, December 11, 2010

Coffee In The Morning

There are life's simple pleasures. Potato chips and coke, a malt and french fries, hot chocolate in the evenings of a cold, blustery day, and coffee in the mornings.

Coffee is a nice simple thing. Grind up some beans, filter heated water through them, pour, and drink. I like my coffee black. Occasionally I'll put a spoon or three of sugar in one just to change things up but 99% of the time it's John Wayne black coffee.

There is a waking up process I go through. First obviously I get out of bed. Barely need the alarm anymore as I'm usually awake a minute or two before it goes off. Then I brush my teeth, use the bathroom, and put the dogs outside. I feed the cats (Princess is responding to treatment by the way and has improved) and step into the shower. Get dressed, bring the dogs in, and make coffee while I blog.

I make a cup of coffee for The Date and take it to her and wake her up so she can start to get ready. Then I head off to work. I'm not big on drinking coffee during the day though, just in the mornings. When it's really cold I'll have the occasional Irish coffee but prefer hot chocolate with Bailey's Irish Cream in it and a dash of either peppermint or cinnamon schnapps.

But in the mornings, just a plain cup of black coffee is preferable. I can live without it but I do enjoy it.

We had some pretty good news last night, a cake that Thing 1 and her new Grandma made took third place in a contest! They worked on it last weekend for a full day and did a great job! They are getting some bonding time together and really enjoy it. Thing 2 and Grandma get the most bonding time and Grandma is teaching her how to do needlepoint and Thing 2 wants to learn to crochet. All skills that my mom has and wants to teach to her granddaughters.

It's really nice for me to see how much they love each other.

No comments: