Saturday, May 06, 2006

A Great Time!

Last night was a great night.

Lots of people showed up and had a blast!

Drinking and feasting was had by all and some brilliant conversation to boot! Now due to the magic of bittorrents I have now been introduced to Boston Legal.

I guess that I have to say that I am not much of a network TV fan. With that said I don't invest weeks watching one show unless it is on HBO or something similar. But with the capability of watching a show's entire season in one day on my PC or DVD then I am more open to the possibility of such a show since there isn't a lot of time invested.

No my watching the show at my leisure doesn't give a boost to the Neilsen ratings but if the intent is to get the show watched, well I'm all over that part of it!

Boston Legal is a great show! I am not one to enjoy legal dramas unless it is Perry Mason. Boston Legal has smart writing, smart characters, and clever plot lines. Well and then there is Rhona Mitra! Very hot!

James Spader is brilliant. He has always been a great underrated actor however the character of Alan Shore seems to have been written for him. The real gem of the show though is William Shatner's Denny Crane.

Now this isn't Captain James T. Kirk's William Shatner, the confident, swaggering Captain of the USS Enterprise. This is a character who's job is to be a character. He is seemingly bumbling and out of touch with reality but rises to any challenge when he has to.

I was simply amazed at Boston Legal. It isn't a favorite show but for a day's entertainment it works, like House does. It isn't Lost or better yet Veronica Mars but it simply works and I look forward to seeing the second season.

I will also say that I will be giving my money to purchase the DVD set. It is worth a place on your shelf.

No comments: