Friday, May 05, 2006

Welcome Home John Party Tonight!

The Official Welcome Home John Party is tonight even though he has been home since last Thursday. It will be a great get together! I bet twenty plus people show up as John is a great guy and well liked.

After reading a big article in this month's Filmmaker Magazine about the big power talent agencies who have indie divisions I have decided to send Locker to three of them. I figured that Locker is essentially a pitch on DVD for what could be a great movie. Well if it were rewritten and shot on film.

I know I am biased but I feel that it could be better than Open Water. Probably not as good as Saw, which I hated but good. Why Locker is gold and full of potential is that it is a single location shoot which can be done very quickly which equals lots of profit potential to which ever studio sees that kind of potential. Rope was shot in one day and while I could NEVER compare Locker to Rope, it is the same style of movie.

Now anyone who knows me knows what kind of Hitchcock fan I am so please don't think I would ever compare myself to that master filmmaker, I'm not.

But I am influenced by his work and the Twilight Zone and so was Locker.

Sending Locker to those agencies probably doomed those copies to a trash can but it is worth the buck eleven postage to try.

No comments: