Thursday, May 04, 2006

Operation: Baby Bunny

Yeppers, you read correctly so as not to be confused with Brown Bunny which is one of the worst movies ever to spin in my DVD player!

In our shop we found a little baby bunny. We had seen him/her around the grassy areas, hopping around and looking like it was pretty happy. The problem is that he was hopping around in a very busy area where lots of vehicles and aircraft are moved around so it was in danger. It could have been hit by a lawn mower, weed eater, Mr. Hyde, or a animal that happens to like baby rabbits. So I had to do something!

Well after our shop door to the outside was left open he decided to hop in and hide and do its imitation of a paint filter. I quietly cornered it and had it just where I wanted it before he made his escape behind a large metal cabinet.

Then I knew I had it! Well sort of, even though they are small they are still fairly fast and elusive!

Who'd a thunk it?

Well finally after about ten minutes I finally got it to go into a bucket which looked like a big blue den I guess. So he was happy!

Then I found a box to put it in and took it to another guy who's daughter raises baby animals who were in danger and released them back into the wild after they were able to care for themselves.

So this story ended better than the bird in my pool story.

No comments: