Monday, May 01, 2006

I Got Chills

When I saw the preview trailer for Deadwood in June I got chills. Every major character has a line from the Sermon on the Mount.

The delivery of those words from those characters was more than moving.

Very powerful and it made me understand what a trailer should be about, how it should make you want to see the show/movie.

I remember when I was younger I taped the trailer for Firefox. It was the most amazing preview I had ever seen! I watched it over and over again and got excited every time I saw it!

I couldn't wait until it came to town!

When I saw it, it was a big disappointment. It taught me how powerful a trailer could be. I've seen trailers where those scenes weren't even in the movie! It never made sense to me why they would do something like that.

If the movie was that good why not just use the scenes from the movie?

I know that when they have a dud of a movie they have to hire a real good editor to save it by cutting the trailer with the best scenes. So why don't they just make a good movie to start with?

Good question.

No comments: