Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Going To Work

For a while anyway until I call to set up my appointment with the urologist. I'm sore today but I'm ok. Nothing I can't handle and nothing compared to yesterday's pain. If it gets too bad I'll have a pill with me which will make it ease up.

Hopefully this will all be taken care of quickly. I've talked to a guy who had the procedure done, a friend at work. He called it lithotripsy or that is what he thought it was called. They lay you down on a bed and shoot sound waved into you with a machine which pulverizes the stone and then you pass it out.

He said it takes about two hours and they medicate you before hand. He said you are sore afterwards but I can handle soreness. The pain yesterday was sharp, bad, relentless, and there was no comfortable position to get in that would make it ease up. I can handle that for a while but it wore me down after a couple of hours. I needed relief.

No comments: