Sunday, February 10, 2008

Man Hall Of Fame Part 14

Today's legendary inductee into my Man's Hall Of Fame is a living legend. He has had a career that has spanned decades and has produced many many songs that have entered into our national lexicon!

He survived a near fatal accident in the early 70's to go on and become a legend in his own right after his legendary father died years before. Hank Bocephus Williams Jr. is today's inductee. My first introduction to Hank was at my cousin's house in the very early 80's and that album was The Pressure Is On featuring the classic, A Country Boy Can Survive! Incredible song! Love it!

Hank is the very definition of country entertainer, representing country before the new wave of singers represented by Alan Jackson, Garth Brooks, Travis Tritt, among others. He was old school with Merle Haggard, George Jones, Waylon Jennings, and Johnny Cash.

Hank Williams Jr. is on my iphone, twenty cds worth! Did I mention I love this thing? I've probably got over a thousand songs on there now and have two full gigs free!

No comments: