Tuesday, February 26, 2008

OUCH!!!!

I left work about an hour early today because I was in so much pain. I started to drive home and decided I had better get checked out at the hospital. So I went to the emergency room and they checked me out.

I got an IV, some nifty pain killers, and a cat scan. Then the news I had been suspecting. I big kidney stone was at the upper part of my right kidney. It was too big to be passed.

So now I have an appointment tomorrow with a urologist to find out what the next step is. Likely it will be broken up with sound waves as the doctor said. I'm good with that.

I also have a prescription for some killer pain killers!!!! So now I'll see what the doctor says tomorrow! This is likely the cause of much of my back pain over the past few months even though I hadn't experienced most of the usual symptoms.

No comments: