Monday, December 08, 2008

BCS Debacle

In what seems like a yearly occurrence the BCS has botched college football. If I remember correctly the BCS was made to put the best teams in the best bowls. So tell me why in the world Ohio State, Cincinnati, and Virginia Tech have BCS games while Texas Tech, and undefeated Boise State don't.

Yes yes Boise State isn't a BCS school but they are unbeaten and deserve a better bowl game than 9-4 Virginia Tech. It is all about conference champions and automatic bids. That is why this system SUCKS. Everyone in America is crying out for a playoff system except a handful of NCAA executives and heads of the conferences.

A playoff system would be the best. You take the top teams regardless of conference and put them into a playoff bracket. That way the teams who are in the best conferences who beat each other up aren't penalized as much as the teams who play NO ONE like Ohio State and USC. Their schedules are pathetic!

It is a travesty to any college football fan to put some of these teams into good bowls. We deserve better.

In other news I'm now back on top of the points lead as our playoffs started yesterday. I am the only team over six hundred points with six sixteen. Second place has five ninety two and third checks in with five eighty two. So I've got a decent lead and if my team pulls together one more game like yesterday I think I'll have it secured. I'm in second place going into tonight with forty eight.

First has fifty seven. I won my playoff match up as the second seed and have moved onto the next round.

No comments: