Monday, December 22, 2008

One Week Left!

Week seventeen is coming up and I'm in first place. Not only that but I put nine points on second place and thirteen points on third place.

Fourth place is basically out of contention to overtake me. I'm sixty seven points ahead of that team. In our league it is very difficult to make up points. We don't give many bonus points so we are really a td and yardage league. If the players don't score tds they don't get many points. So if your team doesn't have many tds then you don't score much.

One week left and I've got a thirty nine point head start going into the games next week. It feels good too. That is a good sized head start. Not as big as last years, the first place winner had nearly two hundred points. He had Ladanian Tomlinson and two other players who had career years. It wasn't even close. He won first many weeks in a row and I think he had things wrapped up by week ten.

Which reminds me I'm sitting at forty seven points going into tonight and I'm in first place right now. One team who is contention has forty four points and has the Chicago Bears D/ST. So I can be caught, it just feels good to be in first right now. Another player, Beersnob in fact, has three players going tonight and has thirty six points so he has a good shot at first as well.

No comments: