Monday, November 29, 2010

Back Again

Yep, today I'm back to work and I know right now I'll be faced with a pile of work from last week that will take me two weeks to catch up on. That's just the way it goes and the way it is.

I didn't play Starcraft at all this weekend. I'm still ranked second in my league and still three hundred points out of first, two hundred ahead of third place. I'm in good shape and if I win just a couple of games a day now I'll take over first in about a week.

All in all I'm an average player right now but I am improving. Even the top players in the world have a 60% win rate. High 60's are the elite players.

Interesting article I read this morning about the SEIU (Service Employees International Union) is dropping health care coverage for the children of workers. Between state and Obamacare regulations they can't afford it anymore. Fascinating example of sleeping with dogs and waking up with fleas.

The SEIU spent a ton of money (187 million) for the liberal cause and now they are forced to drop coverage for people they were fighting for.

Regardless it's hilarious because it shows exactly how bad liberal policies are. These idiots will put their own idealism ahead of the good of their own members who pay them to represent them and their best interests.

What if they would have kept the millions they threw at the policy makers and instead spent it on insurance policies for children? Just a thought. In the article mentioned above you can see how the union's limited resources are stretched to their limits but expect the state of New York to make up the difference with Medicaid payments.

In other words they blew all their money on a cause, got it, figured out later that the regulations are very demanding of them, drop coverage on children, and expect New York tax payers to bail it out with Medicaid payments. Yep, sounds like a union to me.

No comments: