Sunday, November 21, 2010

It Was Home Repair Saturday

So much for sleeping in on a vacation day, I decided an overdue home repair was in order. Armed with my paycheck from the previous day and approximate measurements I headed to the lumber yard in search of wood, paint, and wood screws.

I put the ladders under the repair area, ripped out the offending wood, and cleaned it up well. Had Thing 2 paint the new wood, cut the wood to fit, and replaced it with Thing 2's help.

The project took around four hours, traveling time included. I did have to return to the lumber yard for more wood as when I got into the project I found more wood needed replaced.

All in all it was a satisfying repair and not as difficult as I first feared.

Later in the evening The Date and I got out a puzzle. Not just any ordinary puzzle, this is an Impossible Puzzle, it has no borders, the picture on the box isn't accurate, and it has five extra pieces that go nowhere. After a couple of hours we called it a night on the puzzle to return to it today and this week for finishing.

It isn't easy but done together it will be a very satisfying project!

No comments: