Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving

Today is one of the important days of the year. Not because of the trappings, the focus on Black Friday, parades, football, or dreading that relative that will show up and not stop talking. But it's important that you remember that you have been blessed.

If not by a family around you then you must remember that you are blessed that you live in this country. There are only three hundred million of us that were blessed to be living here in this time. Out of all the places in the world you could have been born in, out of all the times you could have been born in you are here and you are now.

Please remember that so what if you have that annoying person at the family meal today, it's small and be thankful that you have anyone at all because many people don't.

I am thankful that The Date and The Things came into my life, not sure where I'd be now without them but it wouldn't be as good as it is now.
I am thankful for my family.
I am thankful for my friends.
I am thankful for you gentle reader.

On this day I ask you to overlook the small things, just for today. Keep in your mind and your heart the spirit of giving thanks. In today's tough times there isn't a lot of good cheer for many families.

If you are one of those families that has fallen on tough times you'll be in my prayers. If you haven't had a job in months, if you have lost your home, or even your family, you are in my prayers.

I am one of the few fortunate people to have a great family to share a meal with today. I am grateful and thankful beyond words for that simple fact. The small stuff will have to worry about itself today, I'm going to celebrate the gift of being thankful with my family.

No comments: