Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Nice Quiet Evening At Home

After an tedious day at work I came home and nearly collapsed on the bed. Actually I laid down but collapsing sounds more dramatic. The Date had gone grocery shopping and brought home some soup makings! It was cooler out so soup is great for evenings like last night.

The hearty stew I made a couple of weeks ago will be best for temperatures under thirty though:) She also started in making homemade bread. She and Thing 2 mixed the dough and let it rise. Then into the pans where it had to rise for another hour.

While this was happening I had gone out to get some crackers for home and lunches for work. Brought The Date home a big box of chocolates from Walgreen's. She had a ton of homework to do for today and I figured that would make studying that much easier.

Then I started to play Starcraft to really unwind from the day. Some people use alcohol, some food, some other things, I use a challenging game to take my mind off of the day and bring it down some.

I had a great five game win streak going then I lost three and ended the evening. Two games I was disconnected though but I was losing or on the verge of losing if I didn't change some strategy around. One game I nearly won but it was a race to see which army could wipe out the other's base and he found mine before I found his. I was within destroying one building though of winning.

So I was that close to probably going on an eight game win streak. Technical glitches notwithstanding. I did improve my ranking to ninth in my league now and was eighth before things went bad. Just a handful of points away from seventh too.

I'll get there!

No comments: