Tuesday, July 12, 2011

How The Garden Grows

It's really doing well! I believe the beans I planted have died due to the heat but everything else is growing and blooming! The grape tomatoes are doing well and they actually taste very cool! They have a sweet flavor to them and are smaller than a cherry tomato.

The bigger tomato plants are still growing right now and doing their best against the triple digit heat. I make sure they get plenty of water in the mornings and usually cool them down again when I get home for a little bit. I don't want to over water them but in this heat they need water too.

I think I planted squash because that's what looks like it is growing in one square. I thought I just planted beans but I might have changed that up some. The cucumber plants are doing well as well as the purple tomatillos. We'll have a ton of sweet potatoes for sure! I hope Thing 2 likes them as much as she says she does!

No comments: