Thursday, July 07, 2011

The Warped Tour

I don't think I saw anyone over the age of twenty three or twenty four go into the show. I'm positive they got younger.

As the teens streamed out no one appeared to be over seventeen. We were remarking on who had the worst sunburns as they walked past our parking place. One particular couple, again seventeen at the oldest walked past as I was reading lines for The Date's show had a pretty bad sunburn.

The Date heard a thump and I looked over the book and saw the boy laying in the grass with his girlfriend fanning him.

The Date got out and walked over to see if he was alright and he wasn't. He either collapsed of heat exhaustion or low blood sugar as he had not eaten since earlier in the day. She came back to our ice chest and got him a Powerade and a package of sliced apples with a caramel dip, both were ice cold. Then we took a pillow case and soaked it in the cold water and placed it around his neck. He was shaking so badly and weak he could barely chew anything. The Date alerted the firemen who were standing outside the gates who summoned the event's medical staff.

After a bit of time he was sitting up ok, getting a little better and his ride arrived. His girlfriend waved to us and off they went, hopefully to get him more to eat and drink.

We also had a very pleasant visit with two people from my past. They predated The Things one and two. I am very proud to see how wonderfully well they are doing, and while I'd like to say I had some influence on how they turned out I can't. I didn't have them long enough to make that difference but they are great now:) Wonderful family and one family starting out with what looks to be a promising future ahead!

I'm glad after the chaos they endured that they are well adjusted and happy adults:) The world is a better place because they are in it!





No comments: