Sunday, February 19, 2012

Bright Sunny Day

It's more like spring right now than winter. The mild winter continues. The rain from yesterday and the day before are long gone. I've still got to go in and do my time at Walmart today though. I'm not thrilled about wasting such a nice day but hopefully tomorrow will be better and we can enjoy that one too.

I've got to tell you all why Thing 2 is a special girl. Something she did yesterday was simply amazing! Her place of employment was going to throw away some bananas that were starting to brown. A whole shopping cart full! So she went to her manager and asked if she could buy them because she couldn't throw out good bananas while there were hungry people out there.

The manager agreed if she could find a box then she could buy one bunch and stuff the box with as many as she could get in there. So for less than two dollars she bought a huge box of bananas and The Date and Thing 2 went in search of a place to give the bananas to.

The YWCA took them and were grateful to have them. They never get fresh donated fruits or vegetables. Then in a moment of sheer brilliance Thing 2 asked her mom, "Why didn't any of the older people there think of this? I'm fifteen."

Yep, brilliance I tell you.
I'm very proud of her, she'll do well in this world.

No comments: