Wednesday, February 15, 2012

First Friday

Of the week. Yeah, I'm off from Walmart after tonight. Last night wasn't too bad, busy enough the evening went fast but slow enough to catch my breath from the horrendous weekend and Monday night that really killed me.

I hauled pallets on Valentine's Day from the back and located them for the overnight stockers to put on the shelves. It wasn't hard and a nice change of pace from the produce section.

Work was work actually. I call Walmart, Walmart and my real job work. I miss one day and things pile up. Now that's not a bad thing either because if we get caught up with the very few remaining amount of people we have now then we'll never get anyone again. One of our guys who just came off of shoulder surgery is going back soon to have the same shoulder worked on again. He'll be off another three to six months very soon.

We are used to being short handed though, it's the way we roll. If we had a full crew I don't know if we'd know what to do anymore. It is what it is.

No comments: