Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's Day

The day that really singles out single people and exorcises them right out of society. There's not a day in the year more polarizing than this day. You loyal readers know this as I was single and struggled through this day year after year for most of my adult life.

I finally just called it Tuesday instead of Valentine's day. Just another day on the calendar, another day to look at the bright side of things, and another day to be happy I was alive.

A day is just that, a twenty four hour period in which the sun rises and sets in our sky. We get morning, afternoon, and evening and we get it for another day. We can do what we want with it but I chose not to dwell on the fact I was single and to enjoy everything I could about it otherwise.

So if you see a single person out there today, either include them or steer clear of them but be nice to them either way.

No comments: