Sunday, February 12, 2012

The Broken Streak

Well my blogging streak that went back to 2006 was broken yesterday when I failed to blog. I got busy yesterday morning and after I got home I had forgotten all about it! I had blogged every day since since the streak started, over two thousand consecutive posts.

Well as I've said many times lately it's more like an exercise for my brain than it is to actually keep track of what kind of film I'm working on. Lord knows that died off a long time ago. Projects nowadays just seem to hit the talking about stage and die off a quick death from there.

For the past six months it's been about a lack of time and money. Before that it's been a lack of motivation I guess. I don't know the exact reason for sure. Probably a combination of many things at the wrong times.

Well I guess the top news is the death of Whitney Houston today. I've got a hard time sympathizing with her or her indulgent and likely drug induced death. She had a beautiful voice but she traded that away for drugs instead so I don't really call it a tragedy. I'm sure someone will say she was in pain, well so what. Lots of people are in pain daily, lots of people struggle on a daily basis but don't turn to drugs to numb themselves from it.

Her life turned into a train wreck and she struggled a lot. She had a great gift and threw it away. I felt the same way about Heath Ledger, I don't have a lot of sympathy I guess for self indulgent superstars who can't recognize their own talents and choose to take care of them.

No comments: