Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Back To The Theatre

Barely an hour after quitting Walmart I already had tech work at the theatre for the upcoming show Wrong Window that my gloriously gorgeous wife is costarring in! This is my first show since 1776 last year! Now that's a long time!

ChristinA, the manager that was the catalyst for my quitting last night probably isn't a bad person. She's probably just a very unhappy person and takes it out on the associates around her. I'd like to say I didn't resort to personal attacks on her, her obvious problems, or anything about her. Her attitude however is deplorable. She's mean, angry, and walks with an air of superiority.

She didn't know the situation and yet jumped to the conclusion that someone had just left trash to dump. A very inaccurate assumption on her part and couple that with her horrible attitude and not to mention the sheer gall it takes to jump down someone's throat the moment they show up to do their job and if there were any justice in the world SHE would be out of a job not me.

That's not the way the world works though.

My quality of life has dramatically been raised due to ChristinA though. I'm now home in the evenings and as it happens I'll be able to spend more time with my family:) The show is a start and I'm happy to be involved and thrilled to have been asked! I now have weekends free again, the first time since last August. No more sixty six hour weeks. The money was nice but you know something, it's not everything and we'll get by regardless!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Amen! When I worked at Starbucks, the scheduling got crazy...working 20 hours a week when I had only been working 12. The boss was a piece of work. I was getting stressed out, dreading to go in to work. I resisted quitting because, as you well know, the money was good. April said to me, "No job is worth this kind of stress. You're not yourself. You'll find something else." She was right. It wasn't worth it...and a week or two later, I did find something else. I was a happier and less stressed person for it.