Tuesday, February 28, 2012

So...I Kind Of Quit Walmart

I guess the last straw came tonight. Here's what happened.

I get there early and clock in. 4:45 on the dot! I get into the produce back room, take care of the organics, take care of the cardboard, and do some stocking.

About six I decide to take out the trash because it's over flowing since I'm usually the one that takes it out.

The Walmart managers decreed that every two hours from seven A.M. on they will be there to unlock the compactor so everyone can dump their trash. I know this and left the trash on a cart knowing they will call me at seven to dump the trash as I know no one else will do it for me.

So the call comes over the intercom that they are there and it's open. I start heading back and arrive to the strains of Christina's whiny voice reminding me that there's a compactor schedule. I reply I know there's a schedule and proceed to dump the trash. Keep in mind it's heavy, sixty or seventy pounds a bag and there's four of them.

I admit to being a bit grumpy however she started on me and I snapped back at her. She says don't snap at her. I'm only doing what I'm supposed to do, dumping the trash no one else will dump. She says we need to go to the office to talk about it. I say I'd love to, and then it starts.

The frustration starts to flow, I tell them I was left again by myself another night because they left Nate off of the schedule. I was holding things down again. And she says I'm not going to talk to her that way.

1. I wasn't out of line.

2. Again she jumped on me first with a very nasty attitude while not knowing or asking why I did what I did.

She again said we need to talk in the office, I said that we didn't. I tossed my badge at her feet and my box cutter on the floor and left.

I feel like an oppressive weight has lifted from me:) I'm done, even if the huge cow like manager got on her chubby knees and apologized herself.

Goodbye Walmart. We've been together since August and I feel our time has come to part ways:)






- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: