Saturday, February 25, 2012

She's Home!

We got Thing 1 back home yesterday to rest in her own bed! She's resting up and getting ready for a handful of doctor appointment followups in the next couple of weeks.

She's doing well and feeling better! Thank you all for your prayers!

I stopped off yesterday after work and got a haircut and straight razor shave at Blue Jay's. I really enjoy that place, it's a bit of a throwback place where men can hang out. He usually has beer in the refrigerator next to the barber chairs that you can help yourself to, even on the base haircuts he uses a straight razor to do detail work and a hot towel.

The straight razor shave, once a mainstay of the barber shop has seemingly faded away over the years. I don't grow much of a beard over the course of a week however he told me the experience really wasn't so much about the shave but the relaxation that comes along with the shave. I believe that! It was nice!

It's a great experience and I'd recommend it for all of my men friends out there!

No comments: