Tuesday, December 05, 2006

The Joys Of The Season

Sirius started with their Christmas music on Thanksgiving Day this year. Fine with me!
Love holiday music!!!! Can't get enough of it. Sometimes when I find I am down I will get into my MP3 file and pull up some Christmas music.

I always find that I feel better about things afterwards. Sirius has allowed me to hear some songs I either haven't heard in years or new songs that really make an impression.

Being a eclectic music fan I listen to a lot of classic country as many of you readers already know. Well when I heard the Chet Atkins version of Do You Hear What I Hear my heart melted. It is simply one beautiful piece of music. It compares to the Bing Crosby version very well which I consider probably the definitive version.

I've heard all of the classics from Nat King Cole to Frank Sinatra to the contemporary artists. On the Roadhouse channel which has been turned into the Country version I've heard many of the songs I grew up listening to like Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer from Gene Autry himself!!!!

I know it isn't what the season is about but to me it really brings back good memories and puts me into a state of mind that is always joyful and good. Yeah I do less whining on my blog too.
Love this time of year my friends, love it!

No comments: