Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Aqua Teen Movie

Yep it finally arrived on DVD yesterday and I picked it up along with the latest from David Lynch, Inland Empire.

I watched all of the Aqua Teen Hunger Force Movie with mixed emotions. I had to wonder if they were using the same writers that they used during the regular show. The wit wasn't there. The jokes were lame. There were no real laughing out loud moments that I have while watching the TV show.

I'm a big fan of the TV show but maybe this show works better in smaller segments instead of ninety minutes.

After the Aqua Teens I put in the new Lynch epic. All you know is that it is about a "Woman in trouble" and that is it. There are no descriptions anywhere to be read on the package. I watched the first couple of scenes and it is Lynch. Odd slices of life that only make sense in a much more abstract way or when viewed as a whole.

While being a lover of challenging movies is a good thing to be I also need to be in the mood for it and last night I just wasn't. I wanted to laugh and enjoy everything. Diving head first into a abstract three hour epic just wouldn't be as much fun at the time. Maybe tonight.

In other news my AC works wonders! It was incredibly cold when I got home while it was 103F outside!!!! I even turned it off around 8ish since it was getting uncomfortably cold!!!!

I hope you all have twice as good of a day as me and I plan on having a pretty good day!!!!

No comments: