Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Scotch Experiment Update

Last night was the first night that I actually tasted a sweet flavor in the Glenlivet. I believe I'm going to keep to the single malts.

Far be it from me to say I'm anything but a newbie at scotch however I can tell a big difference in blends and single malts now after a few days. The malts have unique flavors and are smoother. Now I'm sure that if you got good quality blends like Johnnie Walker Gold, Green, or Blue label you could tell a difference but right now The Glenlivet is very good and I've read about two others that are a step above it in smoothness and easily affordable as well.

Single malts offer flavors that are unique to particular areas of Scotland. One area offers more smoky flavors while another offers lighter and fruiter tastes. There are plenty of guides online for what areas offer what tastes and if you are interested.

Going to the Pub tonight to meet with friends! I'm really starting to love this tradition! My friends rock!!!!

We have three recipes for Friday's Drinkbusters episode to do and I can't wait! The crew is together again! Beersnob, Weezy, and Chianti! Wooohoooo!!!!
We'll be shooting it with an audience late Friday evening so I'll have it edited by sometime Saturday for sure!

Have a great day my friends!

No comments: