Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Remakes Suck

Remakes suck for a reason. They are rarely better than the original and 99% of the time suck.
Chris and I went to see Halloween yesterday and it was bad bad BAD.

So how do you tell a bad movie? You don't like it and you don't hate it. I caught myself wondering if I liked Big Macs or Whoppers better while during a "crucial" moment of the movie. There was just nothing compelling about the movie even though it looked good.

Apparently if you go crazy as a little kid then you gain super strength without touching a weight. The real shame is that Brad Douriff and Malcom McDowell are incredible actors who amazingly did the best they could with a horrible script.

I yawned a lot, felt no tension at all, didn't care for the characters, and was happy it was over and wished it was over with way before it was.

Rob Zombie just can't make a good horror movie. He has fallen into the modern filmmaker trap where filmmakers substitute gore for tension. For some reason they figure if there is more blood then it has to equal scary! That is so false! Some of the most tense horror movies of all time had practically no gore or blood. Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Psycho, Jaws, Halloween even had almost no blood instead of the copious amounts found in this version.

Blood does not equal scary people.

Alright enough of that. I have joined the Satellite TV Revolution!!!! I now have a DirecTV system which I'm now able to watch the NFL Network which my cable system refuses to get and other channels at a much cheaper price. In fact I'm saving so much money on my cable bill that I can purchase the NFL Sunday Ticket! How cool is that?!?!?!

I love Sirius and now I love DirecTV! I can't wait to take my cable box back up to the office and cancel my cable (I'm keeping my internet service) telling them why I'm canceling.

Them - "Why are you canceling your service sir?"
Me - "You didn't get me the NFL Network."

Hehehehe, gives me goosebumps.

No comments: