Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Babylon Labor Day

I had a great day yesterday thanks to an wonderful pool party at Catina's and then a movie and supper with Beersnob.

The movie wasn't that great. Babylon A.D. starring the sometimes working Vin Diesel. It was convoluted and really didn't have a context that was understandable. There was a guy who hired a guy to go pick up a girl and bring her to America. Why?!?!?! I don't know and I watched the movie.

The girl might have been a test tube baby but she might have been divine....but we don't know because IT SUCKED!!!!! This movie sucked on so many different levels I thought I was watching a Jenna Jameson flick....

Really....this movie turned into an action movie with more cliches than you could imagine. Troubled hero...well we don't know because we don't know anything about him! Nothing. Makes it hard to like a guy when there is almost nothing revealed about his past to make his journey they are filming endearing to the audience!

Action scenes too fast to keep up with! I've blogged about this before. When will filmmakers learn to slow the action down a little bit. It is still happening but no one can connect to what is going on because NO ONE CAN SEE WHAT IS GOING ON!!!! IT IS A BLUR!!!! How are you supposed to feel for the actions of your hero when you can't see what he is doing?!?!?! This kills any kind of tension you were trying to build in a most effective manner.

Hitchcock never filmed action this fast and try to tell me that his movies weren't suspenseful!!!!

I can go on and give you two more points to this movie but I believe I've made my position clear enough.

Avoid this movie as if it were work and you were on welfare!

No comments: