Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Simple Evening

But it was amazing! First I had to get Operation: Qatar underway! I packed up all of the cigars I have been saving for this trip overseas and put them into two humidors. Well they were stored in humidors anyway, I just got them packed up and ready to go with ten cutters and three jet flame lighters.

Beersnob will not want for any relaxing material as I figure about one hundred premium cigars will be on their way to Qatar today!

That will be enough to supply about ten of his cigar smoking buddies for about ten weeks for a weekly cigar night. I've read so much about these, that it is a simple way for the troops deployed to relax and get away from their daily grind and danger for about an hour and feel normal again. I hope these help!

So after I got all of that packed up and ready to go I went up to the pub to meet a friend for supper. Had a great sandwich and a water then moved onto a Laphroaig and water on the rocks. Laphroaig is a Islay Malt scotch. It has a ton of smoke in it. A very tasty scotch on a nice evening.

We moved outside to enjoy the incredible weather and I had one more before going across the street to talk about the film project I'll be doing for Twelve Angry Jurors. I gave the director my ideas on how I think it should be since that is what he asked for. He agreed with me and gave me an idea to get more material which I didn't even think of!

Briefly we'll collect questions from the cast, script answers for them, get the Assistant Directors to recruit some of their friends to answer the questions while being filmed. I'll edit a two minute clip before the show, at the second act change, and maybe a clip at the end with some credits.

It should be an interesting addition to the show and our discussion was a great addition to a wonderful evening where nothing special happened but it was amazing in its simplicity!

No comments: