Thursday, September 18, 2008

Zaya

I found the best rum a couple of weeks ago. I read about it on Clubstogie.com in their food and drinks forum. I have to say that as a scotch drinker I've had some of the best tasting scotch out there. I've had smoky, peaty, fruity, nutty, all of the scotch that my budget allows to drink.

I believe I found the rum equivalent of Lagavulin, which is my favorite brand of single malt.

Zaya is a gorgeous looking caramel colored rum. Hard to find though. If you can find a bottle you might want to grab it. It isn't cheap for rum either. It should fall into the thirty to fifty dollar range. I purchased a bottle two weeks ago and after some of my friends tasted the quality it was gone in no time!

You can mix it or you can drink it with ice. It is that smooth and has a ton of flavor! I'll have to keep an eye out for a bottle the next time I'm in a liquor store, it might just be nice to keep one on hand.

No comments: