Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Best Show On TV Right Now Returned

Last night!

The Shield, the final season kicked off. Thirteen episodes per season, one down and twelve to go.

My general no spoilers review is that this was a great episode. Vic is Vic and still as bad as he was in the last season. Ronnie is still the loyal soldier who can step up when he has to and take care of business. Shane is the scheming guy who buries himself even though he tries to dig himself out.

Justice is still out there waiting like the Sword of Damocles over Vic's head. How will Vic meet his end, Tony Soprano like where life goes on? I hope not. That sucked....

The Shield is about action, in your face action in all of its gritty, ugly glory. Vic will go out either in a jail cell or in a gun fight. The jail cell is about as good of an ending as the Soprano ending. So how will Vic go out? My best guess is that he will turn into a Vader like character and die in an act of redemption.

That's my hope. He is a bad guy. Dirty on a lot of levels but I still find myself pulling for him. I want him to get away with it. I want him to escape the justice that will catch up to him. He is self serving. Murderous, thieving, and corrupt but I still want Vic Mackey to win in the end.

I just know he won't this time.

No comments: