Saturday, November 15, 2008

Getting Cold Again

The leading edge of Winter is upon my part of the country. Temperatures start to dip below forty in the evenings and the day times struggle to reach sixty.

Evenings will be filled with my noisier than average heater, tv, and hot chocolate. My cats will want to be in my lap while in the Summer they are content to sleep on the back of the couch.

I have two humidifiers now that will keep the house from drying out in the cold, dry air. My stacks of DVDs will be entertainment while other evenings I will work at the theatre on what ever show I've committed to. I don't have to work dinner theatre now as my director friend has pulled out to devote more time to her family.

No one knows who the new director is as they haven't been selected so I'm unsure if I'll be running the tech for the show. If they ask I will.

I purchased The Watchmen on Itunes. It is a motion comic, panel by panel with a single voice actor. I can't tell you how moving this comic is, how profound. It is a genuine work of art and literature. I hope the movie does it justice.

I've read rumors the ending event has changed. If the rumors are to be believed I think I'm ok with the change. The climax was a little hokey now but it was written over twenty years ago. The story stands the test of time but that was the weakest link, I think it might be stronger now as a movie, if it remains faithful.

It is such an odd and challenging story to translate to film. It jumps around in time and to different characters a lot. Its so sprawling that it would be hard to focus in a two hour movie, actually impossible. It would need a movie the size of one of the extended editions of Lord of the Rings to do it correctly, about three and a half to four hours.

I doubt that will happen though.

No comments: