Friday, November 14, 2008

Supper And A Donation!

Operation: Qatar has picked up some momentum. I started to reach out through someone close to me to a local shop that has a small selection of cigars. Low and behold they came through with a nice and generous donation for Beersnob and the troops!

I also received a commitment of several unopened boxes of cigars from a very good friend and the man who gave me my first humidor and starter sampler! I believe he has given up cigar smoking for marathon running. The two really don't mix and I know my friend well enough to know that he doesn't get junk cigars.

I've been prowling the cigar auction sites for good quality deals and have come across a couple. I've also been on Club Stogie visiting the subforums for cigars that people want to sell.

These is an excellent project thus far and I know that what is sent will be used and enjoyed!

I also had a very good supper with a friend last night. Chris, you'll remember him from directing two of the movies I helped with and he was in Locker, the movie I wrote and directed. He has got a really good job now and wanted to get out of the house a bit! So we had supper and a very nice conversation!

No comments: