Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Sirius XM Merger

Since it is now completed and everything I get up this morning to an email from Sirius that tells me that I have a new channel lineup.

They've done away with the names of a few channels from what I can tell and moved a few around. They added about ten I think, it is hard to tell right now without a side by side list to compare them with. It is nice to have a few more choices to choose from!

This is going to take a while to get used to and to see exactly what they've done but it looks like a positive move on the surface! Buzzsaw is now called Boneyard. Boneyard didn't play very good music while Buzzsaw was a lot like The KATT when I was in high school, they played a great mixture of heavy metal and hard rock! They would play the hits and they would play some oddball things once in a while where you would say, "Wow! I haven't heard that in years!!!!"

I like Buzzsaw but maybe this is just a name change, I hope. Boneyard on XM would usually play oddball things all the time and it took forever to hear something you actually liked!!!! It was like mining through a lot of mud to get a gold nugget most of the time.

I'm sure there will be a lot of changes going on in the lineup in the next few months so this is likely just an opening act.

No comments: