Thursday, October 01, 2009

Down To Six

The good news is that over the past couple of weeks there have been no layoff rumors. It's October first and traditionally layoffs always happen today each year. So far there are none.

The bad news is that we are down to six people in my department now. One is out for a long while as he had a liver transplant. One went down Tuesday night with an appendix attack. He'll be back likely by Monday though.

By contrast when I went to work there we had seventeen in my department. They have cut and cut and cut out of my department over the years. I'm pretty sure they can't cut anymore as we don't have enough now to do the job as it needs to be done. I don't trust them far enough to say it will never happen again though.

It's a new day and a new month. 2009 is starting to wind down now. We are a year and a month away from the mid-term elections and a real turning point for the country. Hopefully all of the damage that can be done has already been done and it'll just take years to untangle the problems instead of decades.

For you Obama supporters out there I can't wait until you get your first electric bill because of his Cap and Trade tax on you. Actually that's not true. I don't want you to ever get that bill. I want it to be overturned by a new elected congress before that happens.

The weather seems mild outside. It feels good. I just put Zip outside for a few minutes. When I go and get him he'll run like a madman to the bedroom door and jump onto the bed to wake up The Date. It's pretty funny!

No comments: