Monday, October 12, 2009

It Was A Mad Sunday

First of all my surprise was carried out flawlessly. She was amazed and very happy when she found out via my blog what was going on for the day:)

PF Chang's was very tasty! I'd recommend it:) I had turned in my week 5 lineup the day before. I believe I won third place in my first league and I'm bringing up the rear in my keeper league. The bye weeks are here and every fantasy owner hates it when they are upon us. It's the scourge on fantasy sports.

Then after we got back home I decided to grab my chair, a blanket, some Irish coffee, and a Padilla Signature 1932 and head outside:) The Irish coffee turned into three Irish coffees and the cigar eventually turned into a Bolivar Cuban. Again I was disappointed by a Cuban cigar.

My pallet has been refined since I started enjoying premium cigars and it seems that every time I grab a Cuban I don't enjoy it as much as a Non Cuban. It was a very enjoyable time outside in the cool air:) I need to get a snuggie though for the upcoming Winter.

Then it was time to start Mad Men. I watched the first three episodes. First of all it is a very atmospheric show based in 1960 at an advertising agency on Madison Avenue. I felt like I probably reeked of smoke and I'm not positive but I might have caught a buzz from all of the alcohol they drank.

This is a show where men treat women as objects and women are content to stay at home and cook. A divorced woman is a social albatross and the other women henpeck her with how are you going to live without a man? Now I readily admit that I laugh at the WNBA as a sport. It is frequently a punchline but by no means would I treat a woman as they are treated on Mad Men.

Overall I'm really pretty engrossed with the show though. Don Draper, the main character, appears to have had a previous life. He is married and so far has been increasingly disenchanted with his home life. He has a lover in the city and nearly started another affair....and this is three episodes in!

I'm looking forward to seeing where this show goes. It has started its fourth season now on AMC and I'll be able to catch up quickly as the third season will be on DVD soon.

No comments: