Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Two Blogs Of Note

The Lost and Found Section and The Cauchy Sequence. Both are slices of American life as these gentlemen see it. One is very very new as there are two posts with one very good explanation on how the name The Cauchy Sequence was derived.

I'm a math guy as long as it is simple math and I have a calculator handy otherwise I don't bother. The point the author is driving at is what I connect with though, through its complexity I see the abstract idea that the author was aiming for. It is brilliant in its conclusion and has the cool cerebral edge to it. I feel I can read his first post and actually gain IQ points.

The Lost and Found Section is as the author explains, a blog simply about nothing. So far it is compelling as it is updated daily and we see how the author thinks about....um...nothing!

If I may offer advice to both authors, stick with it. Update it daily, let the readers inside and hold very little back on what you think, how you think, and why you think it. Reality TV as we know it has been around for over a decade now and it just isn't going anywhere but blogging...blogging will be around for decades to come.

Americana has evolved, some might think it has devolved (I think in some ways it has) but it is changing and some change is good. From journal writing with a quill to typing on an illuminated keyboard with the cool glow from LCD monitors staring back at you, our thoughts count for a little too, not in an egocentric way but in the way that gives voice to the voiceless.

These slice of life diaries in the virtual nonexistence existence will be out there for decades. I mean they aren't carved in stone for eternity or anything but for someone who wants a lonely, tiny voice in the dark they are the perfect medium.

No comments: