Saturday, October 17, 2009

Really Nice Friday Evening

After a particularly long week at work and a very slow Friday afternoon I decided it would be time for Irish Coffee and cigars in the evening. My friend Narrator came over but I'm going to have to come up with a better nickname for him, I'll think it over.

Anyway we are chatting on Facebook and I mention my plans and invite him over to share in the relaxation that is my evening. He agrees and heads over. I make coffee and prepare a cup until he arrives.

When he does get here we go through the humidor and I explain what a few cigars are that he might enjoy, the kind, shape, flavor profile, etc. He says surprise him so I select a Oliva Serie O, a mild to medium cigar that will go well with the coffee. I make my selection, an Ashton VSG and we head outside with our coffee in tow.

We set down and we just chat. It was very nice. Yeah it got kinda chilly but it wasn't distracting. After the first cigars I offered a second so I selected two more, Cubans. I found a Partagas and something else I knew was Cuban but unbanded. I gave the Partagas to (I'm going to call him Teehee, I know everyone who knows him will know who that is) Teehee and we enjoyed some small Cubans. Fortunately these were actually good! I've found that about 50% of the Cubans I've had have construction problems and quality issues, but are generally smooth. These were good.

After that we joined The Date and Thing 2 inside as they were watching John Adams, the miniseries. Great show:) Teehee played with Zip for quite a bit and thankfully wore him out:)

All in all it was a very nice evening and the perfect capper for my week:)

No comments: