Monday, December 14, 2009

Done

The show closed yesterday and after a couple of hours of striking the set we were finished with A Christmas Carol. Seven shows, that's a lot of a community theatre. It wears on the actors and the crew. Mid way through act two I closed the script and did the cues from memory.

It makes me wonder how touring companies do this, well other than the fact that they don't have a day job and that's what puts bread on the table. When everyone has a day job and they just do this as a hobby then it's different though. It's even more different for me because its not even a hobby, I just need the challenge that my work stopped providing years ago.

I believe I've been tapped to help with the teen show in teaching the light and sound crew what to do as well as Tech Guy (who will really be doing the teaching, I'll likely just demonstrate things) and then lights for the dinner theatre in a couple of months. Four shows there instead of seven.

All in all its been very busy the past couple of weeks and now I get a nice rest in the evenings! It'll be nice, really nice. I'm ready for it and I'm sure The Date is ready for me to be home for a few nights, well she is ready for the evenings that she doesn't have to work that is.

I've got to get a turkey this week as well for the framily dinner on Saturday at Witchy's house! I'm very much looking forward to that!

No comments: