Monday, December 21, 2009

Good Thing One Is A Go!

The first good thing that is happening, that I blogged about last week, is officially a go! I loaded up Beersnob and went to a meeting at Director's house (though that nickname will officially be changed now to Jamal, there are simply too many directors I know and they can't all share the same name) and we met with Mozart. They are writing an original musical and plan to take it to work shops and get it produced.

Jamal is the lyricist and writer of the project while Mozart is the composer. They have been working on the project for a short while and are about a quarter of the way done. That leaves me in the perfect position as there is some foundation laid down and I can easily recap what has been done thus far.

We had a wonderful supper cooked by Jamal and we discussed both projects as we ate. I did what a documentarian did and watched, observed, and listened. Beersnob asked the questions and got a feel for where they saw their project going. It'll officially be dubbed Project X in this blog until it gets an official name from Jamal and Mozart.

They played some of the musical score from the opening and all I can say is that I was blown away by it. It was simply amazing and to be able to document a project of this nature from its beginning is something few ever get the chance to do.

This is a wonderful opportunity that I know I can make the best of and make something both Mozart and Jamal will love but at the same time make something an audience might enjoy watching. I'm really excited to put in the work, which could be a year or longer, to make sure this project is everything it can be.

No comments: