Saturday, December 12, 2009

Two Left

Last night's show was a good one. The audience was good and laughed at the right places. Came home right after the show but we are going to the cast party tonight at the director's house. She went out of her way to invite me and it's always a fun time!

Coffee is brewing right now and it's a little bit chilly but not bad outside. It's nearly forty. Yesterday at work the company bought us all lunch under the guise of a safety meeting. They had a couple of videos playing but barely any sound. The new program manager (the top guy) had it catered out of his own pocket! I like the guy, if he were in charge months ago I don't think we would have ever gone on strike.

He really seems to be making some changes in how the supervisors and managers do their jobs which means its a lot less adversarial with the union. He seems to be a good and decent man, not the automatic opponent we have been used to.

I'm hoping tonight's show is as good as last night's. Skate was in the house as well as The Invader (who was child wrangling) and she did a good job after having a bad day;) Bdub was on sound cues and we experienced something very bizarre.

This was the Thursday night show and we heard knocking on the door on the South side of the tech booth. Not a faint knock, we heard a steady knock on the door, light but not feint. I could hear it even with my ear piece in for communicating with the stage manager which cuts down on your hearing of the outside world. The thing is that there is no way to get to the South door except through the tech booth. There are no other paths to get there and nothing there.

In addition to this the big, heavy door in which we get from the lobby area to the tech area slammed at least twice. We heard it and thought that the director was coming up to the booth to watch the show as she had done with almost every performance. Alas no, she was back stage and no one had come into our area. We heard the costume room door sound like it was trying to be opened but it was locked tight and lots of bumping of things and moving around in the pathway to the tech booth. Things are stored there like cords (neatly hung and coiled) lights (all in order and stacked) nothing was out of place and yet there was a genuine ruckus going on so loud that I thought the audience could hear it below us!

Throughout the whole show Bdub and I looked at each other and I even left my post (really to chew someone out for making the racket they were) to check the pathway to the tech booth, nothing and no one was there with the door shut tight. After I did that nothing seemed to happen and the remainder of Act II went well. I'm a skeptic meaning I don't believe in paranormal (UFOs, Bigfoot, Chupacabras, 2012, Planet X, or President Obama's hope and change) things unless I actually experience something. I'm not calling what we heard paranormal by any means but I don't know what all of the noise was.

The knocking on the South door is what really stood out to us. Neither of us can explain it at all. I didn't even blog about any of this until I talked to Bdub again and we talked about what we heard and our experiences coincided. I've spent many many hours in the tech booth and never, not once have I heard anything like went on Thursday night which leads me to believe the Theatre is not haunted.

Nonetheless I'm still at a loss as to explaining everything.

No comments: