Wednesday, December 09, 2009

It's Been Nice

To have the past two evenings in a row off. I did have the Winter Orchestra concert last night though for Thing 2. It was my first middle school orchestra concert. The Date had to work so it fell to me to make sure the first chair violin player was in place by the start of the show.

After the show was over I stopped by the grocery store to get some hot chocolate for the blisteringly cold evening. There were some poor city workers in the parking lot in barely double digit temperatures fixing a water leak. I felt so sorry for those guys at eight o'clock at night in thirty mile per hour gusting wind.

Thing 1 has an MRI on her wrist this afternoon. It is unsure if she has a fracture or just the x-ray wasn't accurate. Her soccer fall has really damaged her but she is still in good spirits and will be fine.

Scotch is quite the character. He will bug Scrat and then when he gets in trouble comes running to me. He has spent the majority of the time I'm home on my lap. Exactly what I wanted, another lap kitty:)

One more evening off and then tomorrow night is the start of a four day run of the show. I'm enjoying this show so I really don't mind. It's not as difficult as Yes Virginia or as technically demanding as Into The Woods. I've barely got over fifty cues and I'm running them flawlessly now. It'll be a good stretch of shows!

No comments: