Saturday, May 21, 2011

Big Day

First and foremost we have a rapture prediction today. The only difference between this one and previous predictions is that this one gained some media steam with clever marketing and people who are so desperate for a new and much better existence they bought into it.

I feel for these people. In my heart I hope its true but reality is far different. The End is simply the end of the Mosaic Law and the establishment of the New Covenant through Jesus.

That's it.

There will never be a third temple built (ever, Mosaic Law will never be reestablished and animal sacrifices will never be re-instituted), it'd be an affront to God and what Jesus did at Calvary when he fulfilled every single element of the Old Covenant or the Mosaic Law (Law of Moses). He declared, "It is finished." Completed, done, over with, he established the new.

I've blogged before how this is actually the historical perspective of the church until the 19th century when dispensationalism came about, leading this cry was the theory that pretty much everything was yet to happen in Daniel, The Olivet Discourse, Revelation, and much more.

It's so much more liberating as a Christian to know that I can rest in what Christ has already accomplished and completed. Granted what I've laid out isn't as sexy or dramatic as an upcoming tribulation period that sells books by the millions but I believe it to be exactly what was prophesied in the bible. It simply makes sense.

Followers of Harold Camping will miss out on that simple revelation but I pray they look further into the subject and come to a much better conclusion.

Second of all will be Skate and The Invader's wedding. We met in OKC last night to have a spectacular meal at one of the premiere steak houses in the nation, Cattlemen's Cafe and gallivant about the town on Skate's last evening as being a bachelor! Sadly I stayed for the spectacular meal and drove home after many pictures were taken and hugs were exchanged. I'll be at the church at 4:30 to put my tux on and fulfill my ushering duties in service of the nuptials.

After there should be quite the reception with much joy and joviality!

No comments: