Wednesday, May 11, 2011

The End Of SG:U

I watched the final episode of the best scifi show on TV last night. Sad, there just isn't a lot of scifi shows out there that would qualify for that title either.

Stargate: Universe was a great and gripping show. It had compelling storylines and was a continual story arc with few standalone episodes. I really loved the flawed characters and gray areas they explored in morality.

They were trapped in a ship on the other side of the universe, galaxies separated earth and the Destiny (which was an incredible looking ship and surpassed my favorite scifi ship the USS Cygnus) which had programming to explore and the people were along for the ride at times.

I can't explain why they cancelled this show other than production costs had to have been pretty high. I'll miss the characters and I'll miss Stargate universe so to speak as this was the third series and likely the last. I've read of nothing on the horizon to replace this magnificent show in the Stargate realm.

I'm sad it's over but happy it happened and I enjoyed it.

No comments: