Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Storms Again

After last night's round of heavy storms we've got another one today in store. The strongest potential seems to be from three until eleven tonight. Yep we've gone from drought conditions to near flood conditions within a few days. Amazing what our weather can do!

Made tacos last night during the heart of the storm. The sirens went off once and quickly turned back off. With The Date and Thing 2 fitting under the stairs I made them plates and we ate:)

I moved the cars across the street so they wouldn't get flooded again so there I was, pouring rain, pants rolled up to my knees, and barefoot. Starting cars and moving them away from the flooded areas. The water was pretty high and I didn't want my shoes wet so they would have to dry overnight and still be damp this morning.

So that was my evening, The Date went to work and I stayed home with Thing 2. Thing 1 was with her boyfriend's family trying to save their chickens from drowning. It's a good thing, chickens will be desperately needed in the new economy if this one ever fails...which is more likely every month.

No comments: