Friday, May 06, 2011

Respect

Ok so Thing 1 is bringing over new dating prospects lately. Here's my thing, when I was that age and I'd meet the parents of a girl I'd walk to where they were at, look them in the eye and shake their hand. I'd show them the respect they deserve for their family and home. It was also a sign that I would treat their daughter with respect as well.

Fuzzy wouldn't get out of the car if I were sitting out in the front yard, he'd text Thing 1 and ask what he should do.

The guy before last night's guy did what I was talking about. He looked me in the eye, introduced himself and shook my hand with a firm grasp.

Last night's guy took my parking place, didn't get up off of where he was sitting, put his hand in the air and waved...yup...not impressed, NEXT!

If a prospective dater will make the effort to show respect then I know that he will treat my daughters well. He won't eventually be selfish, jobless, bum. He will care about their well being and sacrifice for them if need be to put food on the table.

Now there are a lot of other factors that come into play but for the most part it comes down to one simple showing of respect to get me behind you to start with, otherwise FAIL! NEXT!

No comments: