Monday, December 12, 2011

Bathroom Update

The Date's dad really needs a solution for his dilemma today. The hospital is talking about releasing him today which first of all is way too soon, and second of all he can't help himself in any fashion at all. He is incapable of taking care of himself right now, he can't afford home healthcare or someone to check on him five or six times a day or more. He's a bit grumpy with his condition and risks serious injury if left by himself. We simply don't have the capability of having him live with us while he is in this condition. We don't have the room, a bed he would require, or the money to be able to take care of him as The Date would be needed at home full time to take care of him. She'll be looking over his options today and she and her brothers will be making a decision on what to do. Prayers are needed though on what we should be able to do for him.

Yesterday was a nightmare. I called in to Walmart, they weren't happy about it but then again my tenure there will be coming to a close soon enough so it won't matter. I hate calling in to work but that job functions as a secondary job only anyway and sometimes it gets in the way of living.

I had planned on putting tile on the walls around the shower. It would look the best and after doing the kitchen I felt confident enough that I could handle a shower. So we headed to Lowe's and priced how much tile it would take and then we purchased a very nice shower insert, the accessories that are needed to install it, and insulation. We got it all back home and got to the point where it was going to go in and then we learned it wasn't going to fit. We tried several ways to get it in there and get it fastened but it wasn't meant to be.

So in the rain I loaded up the shower insert back up and made the cross town trip to get it exchanged for a urethane style waterproof backing. I got four sheets of it to surround everything and make it a shower again. I got the adhesive to apply it with and the trim. I got back to the house with the third solution I wanted and then we put sheet rock up. The bathroom immediately started to get warm again! We've still got some work to do as right now the sheet rock alone is on the walls. We still need to apply the adhesive and actually get the urethane sheets fitted in place.

The bathroom is about 60% done I'd say. The floor is in good, solid shape, the shower is about half finished. So that's about the size of it. It sucks and it was a lot of hard, frustrating work yesterday to get it all to this point. That's why I hate doing home repair, I'm not good at it and it always turns into three times the work you planned on.

No comments: